Looking for breakfast in Downtown Kenosha? Well, it’s your lucky day!
That’s right, folks. We’re diving into Franks’ Diner, and of course, the garbage plate.
If you know you know, and if you don’t- you’re about to find out!
Six horses pulled what we know as Franks’ Diner to its current spot nearly 100 years ago, in 1926. Decades later, Franks’ Diner located right here in Downtown Kenosha is home to the legendary mashup of hash browns, eggs, meat, and a choice of veggies and cheese (and probably some kind of magic) that is the Garbage Plate. The diner is the oldest functioning train car eatery in the United States and was even dubbed best “hole-in-the-wall” diner in Wisconsin by MSN.
Franks’ is no stranger to the breakfast spotlight…
Having been featured on the Food Network twice and being a beloved feature on the hit TV series “Diners Drive-Ins and Dives”. The Chorizo Garbage Plate was labeled the hit menu item, and the sassy service was a perk that did not go unnoticed!
The train car diner vibe is a unique one… the wall quite literally states “Shut up and eat”- so if you came for your grandma’s sweet smile and the “have it your way” vibe… maybe run to Burger King. But if you’re interested in having one of the best breakfasts in the country? Sit down. And enjoy the dining experience that is Frank’s Diner!
Did we mention there’s an INSANE breakfast food challenge?
The Food Challenge at Frank’s started with a few Carthage College Football players… and now it’s…well.. a whole thing.
The challenge adds up to almost 6 pounds of food… that’s right. 5 eggs, 5 meats. 5 cheeses, and all of the veggies. Oh, and the hashbrowns. AND a tall stack. Did we mention the toast is homemade? 2 slices. Be warned- it might sound all fun and games but you get a strict 45 minutes, no breaks, and clean plates.
Here are a few tips before you go…
- Be patient! It can be packed, but it’s worth the wait and your time will come!
- There are BIG portions… you will get what you paid for and more.
- The toast…the cinnamon rolls….they are homemade. Thank us later.
Need more Downtown Breakfast faves?
Check out these other spots with great breakfast & brunch options in Downtown Kenosha!
- The Coffee Pot– Homemade creations, old school feel, diner coffee & one of the best bloody mary’s in town!
- Cafe at the Stella– Quaint little cafe with decadent pastries, breakfast, and lunch options!
- The Apis- Seasonal ingredients, Creative plating, sharable plates, and a stunning mid-century modern curated space
- Anna’s on the Lake- Small town feel & big city taste. Cozy lakeside vibes with incredible fresh breakfast items and pastries.