Tree Lighting Season is swiftly approaching…
Here’s what you need to know.
Downtown Kenosha’s “Lightin’ Up” event encompasses all of the holiday magic that takes place in Downtown Kenosha on the Friday evening after Thanksgiving. This year, that falls on November 24th!
The City of Kenosha Tree Lighting
November 24th, 2023 join us west of The Kenosha Public Museum! At 3:45 PM the program begins with live music, entertainment, Miss Kenosha 2023 Willow Newell, and Santa Claus himself. At 4:30 PM the countdown to the lighting of the beautiful Kenosha City Christmas Tree will begin. This event brings hundreds together to feel the warmth of community and the holiday spirit. And the tree… it is STUNNING up close! Don’t wait around to see it in photos… Go Downtown and see for yourself!
Kenosha Public Museum: (Parking is on the east side of the building with the tree lighting on the west side.)
5500 1st Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140
Meet Santa Claus
After the tree is lit, Santa will travel to The Rhode Center for the Arts! There you will find the jolly man in red, ready to meet the warm smiles of young and old. This is a great stop for the kids, and there will be snacks and beverages for sale in the lobby!
More trees equals… more holiday spirit!
Our Downtown businesses in Friendship Park have partnered together for the most wholesome and cozy tree lighting! To make it even better- there will be shopping deals, fun specials, and more in the Friendship Park area after the tree is lit. The tree lighting starts at 5:30 PM. Stop in and see what all the holiday buzz is about after at Equinox Botanical Boutique, Blue House Books, House of Nutrition, Cut Stone, Vintage Underground, and Smarty’s Sweets & Treats!
Forget to tell Santa something? Have no fear!
Mrs. Claus will be at Actor’s Craft helping kids write letters to Santa with her extra special North Pole Mailbox. Mrs. Claus will be ready to help write letters from 5:15-8 p.m. Additionally, at 6, 6:30, and 7 p.m. she will tell a 5-minute story of her early life with Santa!
After the tree lighting, Go Downtown and vote for your favorite window displays! QR codes will be placed in the windows of participating businesses.
Participating Businesses: (This order is based on location!)
1. Lemon Street Gallery (4601 Sheridan Road)
2. Latibule (4906 7th Ave)
3. The Lettering Machine (725 50th Street)
4. Captain Mike’s (5118 6th Ave)
5. Jockey Factory Store (5500 6th Ave)
6. Sandy’s Popper (5503 6th Ave)
7. Century Pub & Eatery (5511 6th Ave)
8. Trecroci Realty (522 56th St Suite 101)
9. A Summer’s Garden Florist & Gifts (5617 6th Ave)
10. Kenosha Creative Space (624 57th Street)
11. BLAK Coffee (5615 7th Ave)
12. The Teaching Kitchen (5607 7th Ave)
13. Ruffolos Spa (5610 7th Ave)
14. In The Garden of Eden (711 57th St)
15. Scoops Ice Cream (5711 8th Ave #4002)
16. Rockit Optical Eyewear (815 57th Street)
17. Dawn’s Style (633 58th Ave)
18. Millie Bo Peep (5720 6th Ave)
19. Em’s Dance Center (5913 6th Ave)
20. Vintage Underground (5817 6th Ave)
21. Smarty’s Sweets and Treats (5821 6th Ave)
22. House of Nutrition (5824 6th Ave)
23. Equinox Botanical Boutique (5901 6th Ave A)
24. Blue House Books (5915 6th Ave A)
25. Cut Stone (5925 6th Ave A)
Christmas Variety Show
After everyone has gotten a chance to Meet Santa in the lobby of the Rhode Center for the Arts. The Lakeside Players are presenting a Christmas Variety Show! The show begins at 8 PM and admission is $10. There will be everything from singing and dancing, to magic and comedy, and more!
Go Downtown for the holiday spirit!
After the tree lighting, there will be holiday cheer and tons of fun at many participating Downtown businesses. We encourage you to explore, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy our vibrant downtown area!
Small Business Saturday
Following “Lightin’ Up”, November 25th is the nationally recognized “Small Business Saturday!” Now is our chance to thank the local businesses that provide us with charming storefronts, comforting atmospheres, incredible food, merchandise, and more. Supporting local means we are uplifting our local economy, and contributing to the dreams of our fellow community members. What could be better? Get your gift needs crossed off the list and feel good doing it!
Make sure to follow us @GoDowntownKenosha on Instagram and on Facebook for more updates on the latest things to do the next time you Go Downtown Kenosha!
Article written by Jenna Zeihen with the Visit Kenosha team